It’s no secret that pets can have a calming effect on their owners. Studies have shown that petting a dog or cat can lower blood pressure and help reduce anxiety. Pets can also provide a sense of companionship and security.
Here are seven ways that pets can help people with anxiety:
- Pets can provide unconditional love and support.
- They can help you stay present and focused in the moment.
- They can help you get outside and get some exercise.
- They can provide comfort and security during times of stress.
- They can help you meet new people and socialize.
- They can help you learn to trust and be trusting.
- They can teach you about responsibility and commitment.