How the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy Benefits Aboriginal People and Businesses
The NSW Government is committed to supporting the economic, social and cultural contribution of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of NSW. One of the ways it does this is through the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy (APP), which aims to increase the opportunities for Aboriginal people, businesses and communities to participate in government procurement.
What is the The New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy?
The New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy is a policy that started on 1 January 2021 and sets annual targets for NSW Government agencies to direct a percentage of their spending and contracts to Aboriginal businesses. The targets are:
– 1% of total addressable spend, which means the amount of money that agencies can spend on goods, services and construction.
– 3% of total goods and services contracts, which means the number of contracts that agencies award to suppliers of goods and services.
– 3,000 full-time equivalent (FTE) employment opportunities supported, which means the number of jobs that are created or sustained for Aboriginal people through government procurement.
The New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy also sets minimum requirements for Aboriginal participation on all contracts valued at $7.5 million or more, which means that suppliers have to involve Aboriginal people or businesses in delivering the contract. Additionally, the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy allows NSW Government agencies to give first consideration to Aboriginal businesses for procurements up to $250,000, even if there is a mandated prequalification scheme or panel in place, which means that agencies can choose Aboriginal businesses without going through a competitive process.
How does the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy benefit Aboriginal people and businesses?
The New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy benefits Aboriginal people and businesses by:
– Creating more employment opportunities for Aboriginal people, especially in sectors where they are underrepresented, such as construction, professional services and information technology
– Supporting the growth and development of Aboriginal businesses, which can increase their competitiveness, capacity and capability to deliver quality goods and services to government and other customers
– Strengthening the economic empowerment and self-determination of Aboriginal communities, which can improve their social and cultural wellbeing and resilience
– Enhancing the diversity and innovation of the NSW Government’s supply chain, which can improve its performance, efficiency and value for money
How can you get involved in the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy?
If you are an Aboriginal person looking for a job or a career change, you can check out the NSW Government Jobs website (https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/) or contact your local Jobs Plus office (https://www.nsw.gov.au/jobsplus) to find out about current vacancies and opportunities.
If you are an Aboriginal business owner or operator, you can register your business on the Aboriginal Business Directory (https://www.supplynation.org.au/search) or contact your local Business Connect advisor (https://business-connect-register.industry.nsw.gov.au/Pages/Search.html) to get advice and support on how to access government procurement opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about the New South Wales Aboriginal Procurement Policy, you can visit the buy.nsw website (https://buy.nsw.gov.au/policy-library/policies/aboriginal-procurement-policy) or contact the NSW Procurement Service Centre (email@example.com).
How can My Biz Mobi help you with your online presence?
My Biz Mobi is an Aboriginal business that provides SEO services, internet hosting and web design. We have over 10 years of experience in helping businesses of all sizes and industries to create and maintain effective websites that attract more customers and generate more revenue.
We can help you with:
– Optimising your website for search engines, so that it ranks higher on Google and other platforms
– Hosting your website on secure servers, so that it runs faster and smoother
– Designing your website with user-friendly features, so that it looks professional and appealing
– Updating your website with fresh content, so that it stays relevant and engaging
If you want to take your online presence to the next level, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website https://mybizmobi.com. We offer free consultations and quotes, as well as competitive prices and quality work.
Don’t miss this opportunity to boost your business with My Biz Mobi!